Continuously increasing electricity and gas prices have created a vibrant demand for modern energy efficient technologies. Supply of these innovative technologies can be challenging, yet vital for your customers and the success of your business.
- You need to make an advance payment to import energy efficient technologies but can’t find affordable financing?
- Is your business experiencing cash flow constraints?
- You would like to minimise the risk of non-delivery or to ensure the quality of delivered goods?
We have a solution for you: EBRD’s Trade Facilitation Programme (TFP) through its partner banks can provide you with the right financing tools tailored for import and local distribution of energy efficient technologies.
The TFP was established by the EBRD in 1999, to promote and facilitate international trade. Under this programme the EBRD supports banks in Kyrgyzstan by issuing guarantees to cover commercial and political payment risks in import transactions and local distribution.
What instruments are available and which sectors can benefit from the TFP?
Transaction instruments we offer:
- Letters of credit
- Letters of guarantee
- Standby letters of credit
- Other instruments
Sectors and energy efficient technologies we cover:
- Agribusiness: tractors, harvesters, working trailers, irrigation systems, grain/fruit/vegetable dryers.
- Greenhouses: ventilation systems, heating systems, energy efficiency glazing.
- Buildings: air conditioning, boilers, lighting, windows and glazing, insulation materials, household appliances.
- Construction: conveyors, generation sets, drilling machines, soil compactors.
- Textile: washing systems, drying units, air compressors, textile machines.
- Food processing: baking equipment, freezing technologies.
If you are considering the import of energy efficient technologies and negotiating a supply/purchase agreement, please get in touch with one or several of our partner banks. Depending on your business needs you could be offered either a loan or a trade finance instruments. The partner banks can assist you in minimising the risks associated with international trade and in optimising the payment terms.
Furthermore, if imported technologies meet KyrSEFF criteria, your clients (end-users of technologies) may receive a KyrSEFF loan and investment incentive of 10-35%, depending on the project and the sector. For more information on technology eligibility please see the KyrSEFF LEME or contact KyrSEFF.
How does trade finance work?
|Exporter||Exporter's bank||ERBD||Your local bank||Your company|
Benefits for your business
- The EBRD knows and cooperates with local and foreign commercial banks
- The EBRD can find a trade finance partner for your local bank in any country
- Exporter's bank may not be familiar with Kyrgyz banks, but they do accept EBRD guarantees
Energy Sector Expertise
- KyrSEFF has established a list of eligible energy efficient materials and equipment (LEME) and the list of suppliers
- KyrSEFF and the TFP are recognisable names and offer trusted financial instruments in promoting trade in the energy efficiency sector
- KyrSEFF provides easy and affordable financing for your company and/or your potential clients
- The TFP supports your imports and local distribution, ensure flexibility and optimises payment terms